What are the basics of C.E.?
Christian Endeavor stands on three non-negotiable statements
1. Spiritual Potential of Youth - I Tim. 4:11-16, Rom. 8:5-11, II Tim. 1:14, I Cor. 3:16
2. Lordship of Christ and Authority of Scripture - Col. 1:15-20, John 1:1-2, II Tim. 3:16, II Pet. 1:20-21
3. Relationship to the Church and the Pastor - Heb. 10:19-25, Eph. 4:11, Heb. 13:7, 17
1. Confession of Christ - Romans 10:9
2. Fellowship with Christ’s People - John 12:25, 26
3. Loyalty to Christ’s Church - Romans 12:4, 5
4. Service to Christ - I John 1:3, 7
Trusting the Lord Jesus Christ for strength, I endeavor to live for Him boldly and make it the practice of my life to: pray and study God’s Word daily, serve others freely, share my faith openly, worship God in my church regularly, and humbly lead His cause for my generation.
1. Pray: Connect with God and discover our significance in his plan.
2. Study: Learn how God equips people and prepares them to train others.
3. Serve: Respect one another and work together in the cause of Christ.
4. Share: Exercise accountability and impart God’s message of love to the world.
5. Worship: Express praise and thanksgiving to God and celebrate together.
Christian Endeavor builds community through five routines based upon Acts 2:42-46
1. Care: They worshiped together and shared with great joy – C.E. youth care for each others' needs
2. Act: They sold their possessions and shared the proceeds with those in need – C.E. youth look to meet people’s spiritual and physical needs with Christ’s love
3. Meet: Their regular habit was to meet together – C.E. youth are expected to be present when the group meets so they can grow through fellowship
4. Encounter: They had a deep sense of awe toward God when they sought Him together – C.E. youth share together how they are encountering God
5. Learn: They joined together and devoted themselves to the apostles teaching – C.E. youth learn from God’s Word